Tylac 4190 is a styrene-butadiene emulsion polymer recommended for use in concrete, mortars, grouts and cement mixtures. Tylac 4190 when used properly can design these mixtures that exhibit:
- Improved adhesion to most substrates
- Improved water resistance
- Increased flexural strength
- Increased resistance to freezing and thawing
- Reduced water-cement ratios
Tylac 4190 is suggested as a polymer modifier for hydraulic cement mixtures or tile mortar adhesives. Addition of 5 to 15% (d/d Portland cement) improves flexibility, strength and water resistance.